Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bluebird face down in mud

I had a choice, build a company or die.

I was laid off during what has come to be known as the dot com era. My husband was a police officer and basically only worked to keep us well insured. My income was primary. I was lucky to have 15 years experience and a skill which was convertible into a business. Some of you reading this had to get more creative to come up with a product or service to sell. My livelihood was inborn and in demand and now I had to turn it into an independent livelihood. What did I do? What did we all do? We started a business.

What makes the difference between a successful business and one that you pour years, money, your soul and your family's soul into only to have to give up in 2-7 years? Why do some people work like you do, out of your garage, basement or dining room, and end up million billionaires, while you end up losing your house?

Why? As much as I hate to ask why and less like to face the answers, I discovered the secret, the key, the answer while face down in the mud after losing a business I had worked heart and soul for 6 almost 7 years.

No comments: