Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April 1st is for funny Bluebirds!

Today, being from the witty Irish family that I am . . . I could not resist a prank or two. Perhaps it was because my own children awakened me with the old "whipped cream in the hand tickle your nose trick" Yes, very nice and especially wonderful as I had sworn off sugar and just washed my hair! (Speaking of which – I cut off 10 inches last week! Think it was depression over Grapevine, can't be sure!) Anyway, so I set up the old Saran Wrap and Vaseline on the handles and commode seats and set up Marshmallows to shower them as they walked into their rooms upon their return from school. They all fell on the floor laughing and then refused to eat dinner thinking I had put ExLax in . . . I have told them too many college stories to be sure! Ah well, as George Bernard Shaw once said . . . "Youth is wasted on the Young!" What's a good fools day without a few tricks? I think I will call my sister in California next and tell her that me and my family and four dogs will be moving in for the summer. Ha! That might kill her and remember pranks should never harm – just scare grey hairs in! Love and laugh laugh -- from Kim Power Stilson

No comments: