Monday, June 2, 2008

Bluebird Sister loves Social Media

I could blame being an overwhelmed hard-working mother of 4 dogs, 3 kids, 2 birds and a cat for one of the reasons I wasn't up on terms like Social Media, Live Web, and Widgets but there are a few women with the same description above perhaps with a few less pets who make millions of dollars every year knowing all the above. That's right millions.

The Internet and the World Wide Web are not some deep dark mysterious secret that you need a key or a brilliant brain to unlock, though some of the articles you have seen may seem to be written in another language, it's simply a lot of new information and new information when you already have a lot on your plate can be overwhelming.

If you secretly wonder what a blog is then you are not alone. My good friend Kristen Lamb, co-founder of Planetary Streams International, a Social Media and Marketing company likes to say, "You don't know what you don't know!" Like my grandma and the microwave, her grandma and the TV and me and my iPod, we won't know until we ask for help. People brave enough to admit they have no idea what a blog or ping or any of the above in the title are the ones who get to reap the rewards.

I wanted the answers and needed the resources so I started asking questions. I discovered that some people understood it all and some understood it very little. The ones who knew it all often lacked the patience or the time to explain in a way I could understand. Overall, I gave and got more blank stares than an entire class room of Algebra students before I finally just decided to figure it out myself. That's when I decided to talk to the best teacher I know, Debbie Cluff. She is truly a "zany" little lady and a master educator, born and raised in Pasadena, California, who seems to have a knack for turning the complex into an elementary

No comments: