Thursday, June 5, 2008

Bluebird Learning the Essential

The Internet and World Wide Web give us so many opportunities to communicate and connect to people previously unreachable at all ends of the earth. Communication on the Internet and World Wide Web is essential in everything we do from the social aspects to promoting a successful business. Why would anyone ever put off learning something so essential just because it's new and unknown? Even more than the knowing how to use the microwave, which I feel was fairly essential to eating regularly in college, 'getting the hang of" the Internet and the World Wide Web gives amazing, informative, and lucrative opportunities for those who embrace it.

Most of us are not educated in how to use the Online World to our personal and professional advantage. People who are able to successfully navigate online will not easily give away the secrets to how this is done. Yet, I have always felt the first step in becoming a great, is to gain education in all areas of what you want to achieve. In order to connect to the online world, you are going to have to educate yourself, as Debbie would say, in the 5 W's which are Who, Where, What, When, and Why of this Internet and World Wide Web.

This guide was written from the perspective of a journey of how my grandma and I would have figured out this together. It's not technical and it may not be perfectly accurate yet because I wanted to learn enough to successful on the Internet and World Wide Web and leave the blank stares behind me forever, it works. So, even though I can't build a website I do know what to ask for and expect when I contract with someone to build one for me. I don't know as much as a "Problogger" (a professional blogger who makes money through the site he/she blogs) but I can talk intelligently with one. Probloggers seem to have the world by a string, but I have not read a Problogger yet who could have out blogged my grandma had she been around to blog today.

Kim Power Stilson as seen on www.powerstrategies.TV and www.planetarystreams.com

No comments: