Monday, June 30, 2008

Bluebird Daughter Returns!

One week away from me and our nest and I hurried up to Trefoil Ranch to pick up my little Girl Scout daughter Saturday morning. I was so excited to see her, I had missed her. The house was quiet with one of the girls missing and there was way less fighting with her 8-year-old brother. When I arrived, I waited in a long car line with other anxious parents. It was a beautiful summer morning and the air was wonderful – well, except for the smoker guy standing by his car in front of me!) Anyway, I finally reach the camp, spot my daughter and shout hello and reach out to grab her for a hug. She tolerates the hug, says a limp "hi Mom" and then proceeds to tearfully say goodbye to hundreds of friends with nicknames like bubble gum, peanut and solar galaxy. She is not even excited to see me and in fact misses camp almost the entire drive home evidenced by her not speaking to me and her answering in one syllable! (til she was hungry and asked me to stop for her bite of "real" food in a week!) So, very fun! I guessed she has crossed into teenager-hood with her older sister . . . nary to return until they have families of their own and need me to babysit! Ah well, anyone have any suggestions? My heart is so sad?

No comments: