Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bluebirds like sack lunches!

Today I got up early made the kids breakfast and sack lunch. The always complain about the terrible food at school and thanks to a grand friend I had fresh fruit and veggies to put in their lunches along with organic turkey and cheese on thick grain bread with vegienaise dressing. I worked hard in the kitchen feeding them, finding socks and homework and finally waved them off exhausted but proud to have been such a great mom! I returned to my home office and began the day's tasks when I remembered I had promised to drink more water. I went into the kitchen to get a glass and found all three beautifully packed lunches lined up on the counter. All three! It was snowing – I know can you believe it? – so the lunches were still cool to touch so I stuck two in the fridge and took one over to my desk. Throughout today I have had (for the first time) healthy snacks (as opposed to forgetting to eat. When you work in an office everyone asks you to lunch – at home it is dinner time before I look up from my laptop) that were right on my desk and I decided something. I may not make lunch for the forgetful kids but why not a sack lunch for me? I know it is only 15 or so steps to my kitchen and I don't really need to waste a brown paper bag – but why not prepare a lunch and have it ready to go on busy days – even if busy only means marketing to the world from my desk? Just a wild thought from a bluebird sister!

No comments: